about the Additional Spells in the new Magic System

Forum for international users. Fans of HQ-Modular can exchange experiences and ask questions.

Moderator: Xarres

Antworten
sortilege
Novize
Novize

about the Additional Spells in the new Magic System

Beitrag von sortilege »

I've tried yesterday to apply to my gaming group (my kids and their little friends!) the new Magic System, described in the "Zusatzregeln, version 9".
I've encountered some difficulties to understand the number of the additional spells ("Zusätzliche Zaubersätze") that the mage can carry, described in 8.1 section.

I have understood that The Mage with 6 PM - "Intelligenzpunkte", begins an adventure with:
- 18 BASE spells of 3 types, for example 8 FireBall (maximum 6 PM + 2 = 8 base spells of the SAME type), 4 Healing, 6 Magic Shield.
- 6 SPECIAL spells ("Spezialzauber"), chosen among the 11 new special spells

From the end of the 10th Adventure, the Mage can SUBSTITUTE some (max 3) of the 6 SPECIAL spells with some Gilde Spells "GILDENZAUBER". He can buy them in the MAGIC ACADEMY. He cannot choose the Gilde Spells, but he must roll 1d6 for every (3 maximum) Gilde Spell he wish to take with him.

Two questions:
But when it is the Mage's turn to play, how many spells can the Mage cast? Always only one as in the base original HQ game?

I don't understand the table on page 9, section 8.1 of the rules, version 9: for example, the 3 Additional Spells that he can take with him with 8 PM (IntelligentPunkte) which spells are? The Gilde Spells?
PLease, help me to understand which are these Additional Spells ("Zusätzliche Zaubersätze"), as of table on 8.1 section of the rules.

Thank you.
Flint
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: about the Additional Spells in the new Magic System

Beitrag von Flint »

Hello Sortilege and welcome to our forum ! :)

Your understanding was right:

18 Basic basic spells. We are thinking about changing the handling of spells a little bit. The [Mindpoint +2] Rule is a bit over-complicated. Its now more like this:

You have 18 spells to cast and you have 3 different spells (Ball of flame, shield and healing). You can cast any spell as long as you are not casting one and the same spell more then 50% of the overall number of spells. Which means: If you have 18 in total, you are not allowed to cast any spell more then 9 times. If you gain one Md (after 10 quests), you will have the ability to cast 21 basic spells but not more then 10 of the same type. 8 Md = 24 spells, not more then 12.

6 normal spells out of the former normal sets. These spells work without throwing dice.

After the 10th quest he may buy "Gildenzauber" and substitute the "normal" spells with these more powerful gildenzauber. The coincidental d6 throw to find out which spell he can take is not valid anymore, this is changed with the new magical system: The wizard can buy "Gildzauber" and can take some of them instead of the normal ones. His choice is getting bigger, that's all.

Now about the table:

Additional to his basic, normal and maybe Gilfenzauber, he can find additional sets (in accordance to the 8 lores) in furnitures. In the rules section, you find "Furniture-search-tables. If you play with them, you search furnitures (like tables, cupboards and so on...) You throw D100 (2 d10) and read the result from the table. There you can find sets of 3 spells which you can use only once, after that they crumble to dust. So now the table indicates how many ADDITIONAL sets he may carry. If he searches a bookshelf and find a additional set, he is fine. If he finds another set, he can't take them as long as he has 6 mindpoints. I f has 7 mindpoints, he can find (and keep) 2 ADDITIONAL sets.

I hope, this answers your question.
Flint Eisenbart, Sohn von Brôn, Sohn des Andurin.

Offizieller Glöckner der Kirche der geheiligten und erleuchteten Stimmchenhörer :pfeif:

Die Homepage der HQ-Cooperation
sortilege
Novize
Novize

Beitrag von sortilege »

Thank you Flint!
I've tried the Phoenix and the revised (slev) systems, but I think that yours is better: all the new cards and rules seem more balanced together!

I was confused about the Additional Spells. They are the 6 sets of 3 Lore Spells each, are they?
I have downloaded the 6 Lore sets form your site, and I thought they were only for the "Kampfmagier", not for the Wizard :-(

But reading the events written on the tables, I have found some events that gives scrolls but only ONE event that gives a complete set of 3 Lore Spells: Cupboard Table, event number 24-26. It seems to me it's too much difficult to find it... Is this right?

It seems that I must create a "verdeckten Stapel" of Spells... I've seen this in the Altar Table, event number 37-40.... can you help me please, which spells are they, the Lore ones or the normal scrolls?
Flint
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Flint »

sortilege hat geschrieben:Thank you Flint!
I've tried the Phoenix and the revised (slev) systems, but I think that yours is better: all the new cards and rules seem more balanced together!
Well, thank you for that :ok:
I was confused about the Additional Spells. They are the 6 sets of 3 Lore Spells each, are they?
I have downloaded the 6 Lore sets form your site, and I thought they were only for the "Kampfmagier", not for the Wizard :-(
In the Warhammer World, there are 8 Lores:

- Lore of the Heavens
- Lore of Light
- Lore of Life
- Lore of Shadow
- Lore of Beasts
- Lore of Death
- Lore of Fire
- Lore of Metal

These spells can be used in the game. The Wizard may cast spells from EVERY of the eight lores. Other magical talented characters (Elf, Battle Mage) may only cast spells from the first six Lores, Fire and Metal may only be casted by the wizard.
But reading the events written on the tables, I have found some events that gives scrolls but only ONE event that gives a complete set of 3 Lore Spells: Cupboard Table, event number 24-26. It seems to me it's too much difficult to find it... Is this right?
You can also find Spells here:

Alchimist Bench 53-54
Altars 37-40
Fireplace 37-40
It seems that I must create a "verdeckten Stapel" of Spells... I've seen this in the Altar Table, event number 37-40.... can you help me please, which spells are they, the Lore ones or the normal scrolls?
Nah, these tables also are not exactly written to my system. Why not giving a set away? It happens rarely anyway.

After all I think, we should not give that many spells away. HQ is a game of moving and fighting hand to hand. Only sometimes, a spell should be casted. With my new very mighty magical system you can make the difference between loosing and winning. But I never give away all its power.

You found about the "Dwarven Constitiution" ?

A lot of my rules are explained in english here:

Magical system:
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin ... 1198052088

Character abilities:
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin ... 1202379938

Flints Bestiary:
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin ... 1188375962

Colored Dice:
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin ... 1197966356

Offizieller Glöckner der Kirche der geheiligten und erleuchteten Stimmchenhörer :pfeif:

sortilege
Novize
Novize

Beitrag von sortilege »

You found about the "Dwarven Constitiution" ?
Yes, thank you.

Now I have another question, arising from the GildenZauber "Heldenmut".
It says that all the heroes in the area receive a +1black die in attack.
1 - To mantain the Spell on each round, do you confirm that the Wizard must do the Intelligence Probe one time for each round ( only at every Wizard's turn)?
2 -If one Hero, while the Spell is still active (there are some monsters alive in the area), open another door to the next room, and finds other monsters, do the Spell still stay active in that other new area (the new just opened room)?

If you answer YES to my question 2, the heroes will be able to use the Spell for the entire Adventure, just opening the doors BEFORE all the monsters in the current areas were defeated.
Flint
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Flint »

Sortilege, you are right, theoretically this is possible. Remember, the spell can only be cast with monsters in sight at that very moment. As long as I am the gamemaster and the heroes would try to do this with me, they would open the next door to an empty room, and I would place the monsters in a room, after the spell is over.

sortilege
Novize
Novize

Beitrag von sortilege »

OK, While I am translating the text, I will change it so to fix the problem: the Spell will be bound to the area where it was casted, and will end its effect when all the monsters in that area will be killed.
Flint
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Flint »

Great. I keep it in mind and make the same change during the next review.

Phoenix
Knecht
Knecht

Beitrag von Phoenix »

I think I may be offended :cry:

If there is any consolation, I am in the process of revising my magic system, to some extent... Perhaps I should post a link here when I have it complete?
Bild
slev
Novize
Novize

Beitrag von slev »

Phoenix hat geschrieben:
I think I may be offended :cry:
Well, if we're to be beaten, I have no problem with the prize going to Flint!
--
Slev
;-}
Flint
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Flint »

Phoenix hat geschrieben:I think I may be offended :cry:
You really don't have to. There is no arguing about taste.

Açoriano3
Novize
Novize

Beitrag von Açoriano3 »

I'm just amazed that all three of you, Phoenix; Slev; Flint; have the brainpower, the resources (both time & money), and patience to come up with your various tweaks that really give HQ more vitality and, essentially, fun that it has ever had for me. I wish I were capable of such accomplishments.....but since I am not, I'll be content to edit, translate, and drool over whatever modifications you come up with!
Phoenix
Knecht
Knecht

Beitrag von Phoenix »

Well, I do have an exclusive preview here. I'm 98% complete! (...finally...)

Bild

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Bild
Antworten