New Questpack: "The Prophecy"

Forum for international users. Fans of HQ-Modular can exchange experiences and ask questions.

Moderator: Xarres

Antworten
Flint
Site Admin
Site Admin
New Questpack: "The Prophecy"

Beitrag von Flint »

Flintware Adventures present:

The Prophecy

A questpack for HeroQuest

Years ago, there was a religious order who gathered around the high priest Shagrath. The disciples of Shagrath were wolves-heads who profited by theft and betrayal. They sacrificed the goods they stole to their gods Alim and Artak in return for empty promises of power and strength.

Shagrath was a devious, cunning follower of Tzeentch and would use his followers' belief in gods of his own invention to gain vast wealth and power along with an army of religious fanatics.

Afore long, Shagrath sought alliance with Morcar and promised him a "living army of will-less soldiers". Morcar, delighted, sent Shagrath aid in many forms for several years, eventually summoning him to attend his court.

When Morcar laid eyes upon his reputed army for the first time, he was furious at an army of ill-trained common men, no match for the Empire´s armies. He ordered the destruction of the order´s temple. With but a word he basted the minds and souls from these "soldiers" and cursed Shagrath to suffer a "life as death".

The shattered body of the high priest was then placed in a crypt in the solitary valleys of the Omshâk mountains at the edge of the Wastes of Chaos. Here it was surrounded by four valleys, known as the Orc Encampment, the Valley of Undead, the Caverns of the Ogres and the Halls of Magic.

The legend proceeds to relate Morcar's final words to Shagrath, just before his funeral: "I will leave you and your army to suffer in death for a thousand years, then I shall have an army of will-less dead soldiers."

The four keys to Shagrath´s tomb have been hidden in the four valleys along with the Eye of Light, a powerful object which keeps his powers at bay. Further, the legend elaborates of the various artefacts necessary to reawaken Shagrath and thence slay him.

A few days ago Brother Sanguinus, a young cleric, stumbled across an obscure reference relating to this prophecy and has reckoned that these thousand years could soon be over. He quickly dispatched a letter to me, informing me of his findings, but I have since lost contact with him as he mysteriously vanished shortly thereafter.

It seems that this undead army could be the key to the attack that Morcar now musters near the gates of Gorgath's Citadel. Our course of action is clear: you must venture to the Omshâk country and destroy Shagrath before the thousand-year curse ends and Morcar can summon him. Shagrath is said to have been buried alongside his treasures, which will easily fund the entire expedition. You need also find the Eye of Light, with which I might keep the approaching attack at bay. May fortune be with you.....

Coming soon....

The Prophecy

A product of the HQ-Cooperation
Flint Eisenbart, Sohn von Brôn, Sohn des Andurin.

Offizieller Glöckner der Kirche der geheiligten und erleuchteten Stimmchenhörer :pfeif:

Die Homepage der HQ-Cooperation
Phoenix
Knecht
Knecht
Beitrag von Phoenix »

"Quest" Tease!!!!
Bild
Phoenix
Knecht
Knecht
Re: New Questpack: "The Prophecy"

Beitrag von Phoenix »

Any progress on this?
Bild
Phoenix
Knecht
Knecht

Beitrag von Phoenix »

Is this project still going? Or has the author succumbed to 'real-life' like everyone else? I've had a project in the works for nearly 4 years!! Still hanging on @ 60% complete. Perhaps 2011 will shed some light on the project...
Bild
Flint
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Flint »

Ooops....yer right... I just forgot about that. I will check what happened to this one...
Flint Eisenbart, Sohn von Brôn, Sohn des Andurin.

Offizieller Glöckner der Kirche der geheiligten und erleuchteten Stimmchenhörer :pfeif:

Die Homepage der HQ-Cooperation
Antworten